Examination Board: WJEC Eduqas
Specification code: C653QS
Why study Art Textiles?
This GCSE offers an exciting option for our creative and practical students who have a creative flair and want to study a 100% coursework-based subject, which will result in two impressive portfolios to take to college interviews (similar to the one in Year 9 but on a much bigger and better scale).
- I need to be able to draw – false – for this art course you can use other skills.
- I need to make a dress – false – this is art textiles so you can make anything.
- This subject it for girls – false – most designers are male!
There are four assessment objectives:
- AO1- Developing ideas through researching other artists and designers (Critical understanding)
- AO2- Experimenting with different media types and effects (Creative making)
- AO3- Annotation of ideas (Reflective recording)
- AO4- Final outcome and presentation (Personal presentation)
If you would like to ask any further questions regarding this course, then please contact:
- Ms S Mason (Head of Faculty and GCSE Textile Design Teacher): firstname.lastname@example.org