Examination Board: AQA
Specification code: 8182
Why study Psychology?
Psychology is a fascinating area of study. It will help you understand human behaviour and mental processes and allow you to better understand how we think, act and feel. If you are interested in a deeper understanding of the human condition you should consider studying GCSE Psychology.
The ideal student will enjoy discussion, reading new ideas and be interested in human behaviour. This course will encourage you to develop a personal interest in, and enthusiasm for, psychology and prepare you to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices.
This course will allow you to:
- engage in the process of psychological enquiry to develop as effective and independent learners, and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- develop an understanding of the relationship between psychology and social, cultural, scientific and contemporary issues and its impact on everyday life
- develop an understanding of ethical issues in psychology
- develop an understanding of the contribution of psychology to individual, social and cultural diversity
If you would like to ask any further questions regarding this course, then please contact:
- Miss K Taylor (GCSE Psychology Teacher): email@example.com
- Miss C Duffty (GCSE Psychology Teacher): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miss L Whitehouse (Head of Faculty): email@example.com